Monday, November 12, 2007

We are family..

It's always surprising what time can do. This year alone, I've witness my brother barred from entering his own hometown, I've witness close friends gotten married, I've witness new friendships brokered, old friendships broken, new life born, old life terminated.

Next year, I'd be witnessing the same thing again, yet this time I can't help but to think it's getting personal. I'm should kinda maybe going to be an uncle to a child that would by my calculations, have absolutely no chance in having a ordinary, normal, unassuming life that many would never have dreamt of when they go to bed at night. But to this child, I'm more willing to shelve out a couple to bet that this is exactly what he (or she, we don't want to be sexist here..) would do once he (or she, we don't want to be sexist here..) finds out about the club he's signing on to. Firstly, he'll have a grandfather thats too stubborn for his own good, a grandmother that's too loving for her own good, a father that's a bordering criminal, a mother that's a bordering bitch, an uncle that's a bordering sloth and another that's bordering normality.

Maybe this is why I never get those who are depressed. Perhaps it's just me, but I think I've seen, witness or at the very least, experienced more or less the same situation that some of these individuals have been through, and have come out fine (I wouldn't say normal, many would attest to that fact). Maybe that's why I'm generally unsympathetic to various excuses to be sad, depressed, stressed, down, emo, and kawasan kawasan yang sewaktu dengannya, because far worst things have happened and people have survived. Sometimes I wonder if I should feel or say sorry for my girlfriend who must have thought she finally found a normal guy with a normal family that would maybe someday win a jackpot lottery and go on to have a rich and happy life in the countryside together, just to end up with me. But meh, I'm leaning on unsympathetic though, because far worst things have happened and people have survived :)

I guess underneath all the idiosyncrasies, I have secretly liked that way this family functioned because well, who really want to tell others they're like the 6 billion other people on earth, that they're nothing but normal, unassuming human being with the standard catchphrase and typical pose? As the fashion industry have for so long confirmed, we hang on to any little thing that could make us stand out in a crowd of one, and perhaps the workings of my family is one of such things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me
My Photo

Me Wants
laptop. vinyl player. girlfriend. brain. new boots. goalie gloves. "Running with Scissors" by Augusten Burroughs. "Infinite Jest: A Novel" by David Foster Wallace. "Supposedly Fun Thing I'll Never Do Again" by David Foster Wallace. Canon Ixus 700. attention span that last beyond 3 minutes. sleep. vacation. own car.

Previous
Came-around Highlands
God is Malaysian
Now, where was I?
The best laid plans of lice and men..
Oh lately it's so quiet
Don't Caring..
Tagged
Peter Pan - Tak Bisakah
Driving the fool inside on...
On a note..

Archives


Fellow Bloggers
-amy-
A Day on His Earth
a pulse from angelreena's heart
Belle Du Jour
bRennEr'S bLurBs
Dave Barry's Blog
Dustyhawk: Broken Mirror
eLaine's Life, That is
Grace's Gramblings
Jack's Piece of Heaven
A Girl's AxPr3ssi0n (or something)
Jiji's Journey
Joanne's Jottings
Rin's Ramblings
siaukia's CAFE
subimpact Life
The Paper Issue
Trin's Wing Quest-ion
Farhan's Fallacies

Mp3 Blogs
3hive
20 Jazz Funk Greats
Headphone Sex
Indie MP3
MP3blogs Aggregator
Pandora
Save Targer As
Stypod
Something I Learned Today
The Suburbs Are Killing Us
The Tofu Hut

More Time Wasters
Be Fuz's Friendster
Elaine's Sanctuary
John O'Farrell's Columns
Kevin Cowherd's Columns
Luke's Legacy
Pandora Music Station
Petaling Street
The Dugout (I'm in TTH)
TV SMITH's Dua Sen
Malaysia Blogsites List

Peeps Online
online

Total Peeps Viewed


Current Songs
fuzzyism's Profile Page

Current Time

<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d5772925\x26blogName\x3dFuzzy\x27s+Logic+Look+on+Life+\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://fuz.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://fuz.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-374821169734930572', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>